Sunday, September 16, 2007

So This is the Web

So I've been on the internet for a dozen years and I've been online even longer than that but here I am only now getting into the actual act of building a "web presence."

I learned some HTML back in the day and ran a few sites off free webhosts, but there wasn't much of a community in it. A few good communities existed, but they were isolated and many fell apart from just a small bit of competition. Now, the internet is "the last growth market" and it continues to promise expansion for the next few decades. The communities have grown as the population has, and now its like web site developers can have communities of their own!

So this is blogging, huh? Sure I will always have nostalgia for the dial-up gaming days, but now we have Ventrilo and cable-speeds and graphics that were once inconceivable. I'll never forget the first online, local messageboards but now we have blogs and social bookmarking websites and forums and IRC.

No comments: