Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I Can't Vote for a Democrat in 2008

Personally, its because I see them taking political and campaign donations from the same companies that they accuse conservatives of being "bought by" and then under the pretext of "giving to the poor" they proceed to divert hundreds of billions of dollars into their favorite insurance companies, drug companies, and media companies.

I despise the fact that they can look at a failed product like U.S. health insurance and health care and insist not only that I fund this with 10% of a budget I don't have to begin with, but also that I have to go to the doctor. I don't vote for people who want me to pay them so they can treat me like a kid.

I won't vote for a party that claims to be pro-choice but then doesn't want to let parents choose how to spend their tax dollars on picking a school. Gee, why would a pro-government party want to insist that only government run schools should be "free"?

And whats with the false sense of "free money and stuff" anyway? At the end of the day, you can tax the richest people, the corporate owners, and its just going to mean fewer raises and fewer job creation opportunities or fewer profits for the people who are responsible enough to invest their money.

But remember, the corporations buy the politicians to GET money - this is why Democrats inevitably tax the poor. In nine months of power they have proposed two new taxes - a gas tax and a cigarette tax. Both taxes are on the end product and not the company making the item, so in the end - poor people pay a higher % of their income to pay the new tax.

Thats how it always is unfortunately.


I guess you could say, I won't vote for a mainstream Democrat for the same reason I won't vote for a mainstream Republican. These policies are virtually identical in their ultimate economic/demographic effect. Its just the story that changes...

2 comments:

libhom said...

Vouchers are just a way to get government to subsidize religion. They deny atheists the choice as to whether or not we want to be forced to pay for religious brainwashing.

underground said...

I will not disagree with your comment whatsoever.

The only problem is that lack of vouchers just denies everyone the choice as to whether or not we are forced to pay for government brainwashing.

I learned about evolution in 6th grade at a private Catholic school. They taught us that "The Bible is not intended to be a source for scientific or historical truth, only spiritual truth."

Then again, there are schools with whacked out beliefs like that dinosaur bones were put here to confuse us and test our faith. Either way, don't you trust the parents to make decisions like these for their kids? Or do you actually trust a government run by people like Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton?