Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Election of Change Promises More of the Same

The more I hear Obama and Hillary talking about change, the more cynical I become about politics. Sure, having a woman or a minority would be a superficial change from the image of what we expect a president to be, but how much change will they accomplish when they take money from the same corporations that they claim to stand up against?

The donations are open records, and so are the candidates' legislative records: And there's a similar pattern of funneling big bucks to these corporate donors among all of the so-called front-runners. In fact, its the two who use the "change" theme so effectively that have been the best at collecting money from those who want to preserve the status quo.

Basically, running a mainstream political campaign today is just being cheered to rant against the companies that pay your bills. If that's the case, I'll cut these oil, pharmaceutical, and weapons manufacturers a deal: I'll rant against you for the low low price of only $10,000.

I'll be waiting by my email for offers, but I have a funny feeling they're only hiring critics with the power to spend tax money.

No comments: